TAILRUNNER EVENTS AT WILD FOREST
SATURDAY 18tH MARCH 2023
5K CANI-CROSS RUN RAISING MONEY FOR TEAM BALOO FUND
8am start time
Registration will open at 7.30am
Competitors will be set off in 30 second intervals, please position yourself closer to start if you are a fast runner and closer to the back of the pack should you be a leisurely runner.
You will record your time on your own device and give to the finisher tent or look at your start/finish time on the clocks provided to give an accurate time of what you achieved. This is NOT a chip timed event.
10K option available to book on the day with a £10 donation going directly to Team Baloo.
Hot washdowns available.
Hot drink and a bespoke medal for runners (water for dogs) at the end of the run.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT A WILD FOREST TAILRUNNERS EVENT
- Dogs must be a minimum of 18 months old on the day of the race to enter.
- Dogs must be kept on the lead at all times prior, during, and post the race.
- For your dog’s comfort and safety they must be run in a well-fitting, suitable canicross harness and be attached to their handler by a line containing some bungee to act as a shock absorber. These lines must not be longer than 2 metres when fully extended and an appropriate Cani-Cross belt is required for handlers. PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to show your equipment at registration and get a hand stamp that can be checked before the race starts.
- If a muzzle is required it should be the open basket type, through which dogs can pant, drink and take treats.
- All handlers must clear up after your dog even when racing.
- Runners are not allowed to wear shoes that could be dangerous for dogs. Shoes with metal spikes are strictly forbidden. Trail shoes with good grip are recommended.
- The course is of cross-country type, so the terrain will be at times uneven and there will be water, roots, mud, fallen branches, stones etc. Runners should be aware of this and run their race according to the conditions and accept that there are potential risks involved in taking on a cross-country type of course. We will make runners aware of any major hazards at the race briefing.
- Participants are ultimately responsible for providing water for their dogs and themselves at all times.
- No pregnant or nursing bitches are allowed to compete. Bitches that are/will be in season will unfortunately not be allowed to race.
- Dogs should not be brought to the event if they are coughing, unwell, or have recently been in contact with infectious disease. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure their dog is fit and healthy before racing. If in doubt consult your vet before arrival.
FIRST TIME COMPETITORS
- We actively encourage people to get involved in the sport, if you would like to enter the race but don’t have the correct equipment, get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 months before the race. We hold regular meet ups and you can come along to one and borrow some equipment to test. We cannot provide equipment on the day of the race, but can advise ahead of it (weeks not days!) on the correct equipment to have.
- Cani-crossers are friendly people, so please ask if you have any questions before, or on the day and someone will help you.
GOT A QUESTION?
You can request to book using the form below. Please note your booking is not active until confirmed by us.